It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:52 pm
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Transmogs I facepalm to
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:03 pm 
Clothing Collector

Okay, I hope it's allowed, I don't want to insult anyone! I just want to mak- err, have fun talking about people transmogging "wrong", because I'm a stubborn ocd perfectionist and I notice everything which "feels wrong" to me :?

I think most of the people playing the game fall in the followings:
- not transmogging anything (clown suit!)
- transmogging only shoulders (clown suit with giant shoulders)
- transmogging only weapons (clown suit with giant weapon)
- transmogging a tier using only the "bonus set" pieces (giant clown belt from the current gear)
- transmogging full Tier 6, with bracers/belt/boots from the tier but matching Sunwell sets ("BUT THEY SHARE SET BONUS SO THEY'RE CORRECT")
- transmogging Season 4 because it's cheap (everyone looks like a blood elf on drugs)
- transmogging the *same exact gear* they had one or two expansion ago, because that's when WoW felt epic (vintage clown suit)
- a mix of the previous ones
- people transmogging cool sets (the smallest group among all)

What do you think? Have you seen any other categories of transmogging players, before? :D

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:53 pm 
Void Storage Stuffer

I haven't really seen too many that I would classify as "bad" transmog sets. However I did for a time have one that was potentially odd.

I play a human DK on Tich. When transmog was first announced I had plans to do all my armor sets differently. The key reason was so I could quickly tell my gear sets apart at a glance. With quite a few items looking too similar there were several times I was in the wrong gear for the wrong situation (PvP gear while tanking, my DPS gear in a BG, ect)

Anyway for the PvP set it seemed like a no brainer: Imperial Plate. My character is a human so why not? Despite the fact that the set was mainly silver with blue accents I stuck with a dark cape and the hood that I am so attached to. Took a bit of time before I started to feel that they didn't go together too well. The thing that got me to dump the items into void and out of that set was seeing just about every Alliance plate wearer in that set not too long after transmog was added.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:08 pm 
Site Founder

Haha Eraclito, I laughed!

I've also seen people think that the Outland dungeon sets are not sets at all because the item names don't give it away and they have no bonus. The only way you can tell is Wowheads listing them as one transmog set, and the fact they are perfectly matching. Still I see people say "Nice, it's so well matched", hehe!

I play on a roleplay realm, so I see a lot in roleplay clothes. Other than that, a lot of people don't transmog at all or fall into your categories.
I am actually surprised to see so many not mogged at all, maybe a lot of people just never saved old tier gear or the like, and now when they could have needed them, they don't have it and so they stick to what they have. I imagine the number could go up, especially with people leveling monks. I'm sure a lot will hold on to a few quest reward sets along the way.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:39 am 
Gear Gatherer

If I see one more Ret Pally in T2.......or those that think blue/purple or red/orange are the same colors....lol

But I'm like Enigma...each of my three sets is different because I've put the wrong set on and and not switched talents. I went with my T4 set as my Ret set and the Brutal Gladiator set for Prot as my original mogs. It didn't take long to be bored with them.

I mean if people really like the specific dungeon, tier and recipe sets that's fine..there are a lot that look really great, and it's a great way to have a matching set in color and style while you are still gearing up.

I just have to chuckle when 2 people with the same mog just kinda stop and look at each other.....happened to a guildmate who thought they were being original, until they saw another toon with the exact same look down to race, class and hairstyle....she called her out as a tramp for having the nerve to have the same look!

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:15 am 
Gear Gatherer

I've seen people being in the process of farming a set, mogging half of the complete one leaving bits and pieces of original gear. I hate that. Those poeple are dummies! :(

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:09 am 
Mogoholic

I guess something thats always bugged me, and its not something anyone can help, and something I've done before. Its that when you have everything, but ONE PIECE (the jade gloves used to be my case) and the you try to fit it with something that kinda matchs, but doesn't really... and the whole set has an "almost!!! but you still missed..." look... that bugs me a lot.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:56 pm 
Gear Gatherer

The only thing that bothers me is the Imperial Plate armor. It seems like half the Pallies in the game are wearing that set, and some DK's too cause they think it's funny.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:03 pm 
Gear Gatherer

My one:
When people just blatantly transmog singular items they think look cool yet don't match with anything else they have transmogged.

"Oh hey, I'll just mog this orange robe with a blue flame sword and these big bulky generic shoulders and a pink cape. Because each item looks awesome! Who cares if they don't match~ "

It just looks like a big clumpy mess. :lol: Does my absolute nut in. I like somewhat of a flow to my transmogs.

And also when I'm making a set for myself and there's that one thing that just isn't smoothing everything out - And there's no replacements! So you've got to settle for 99%. If that even made sense.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:25 am 
Gear Gatherer

Puddle wrote:
And also when I'm making a set for myself and there's that one thing that just isn't smoothing everything out - And there's no replacements! So you've got to settle for 99%. If that even made sense.

If I'm working on a set in Mogit and even a single piece isn't to my liking, I (figuratively) rip the paper out of the notebook, crumble it up, and basketball shoot it into the trashbin.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:28 am 
Gear Gatherer

Martouff wrote:
Puddle wrote:

If I'm working on a set in Mogit and even a single piece isn't to my liking, I (figuratively) rip the paper out of the notebook, crumble it up, and basketball shoot it into the trashbin.

Perfectionist ain't cha? :p

Thankfully I can deal with a slight bit missing, like a bit too much neck showing or one item being a shade off. Most people don't notice and it still looks decent enough!

OfflineProfile
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]