It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:35 pm
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Happy Holidays!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:20 pm 
Site Founder

Hello all!

As 2012 is coming to a close and the holiday season is upon us, I wanted to take a moment to update you, and to briefly reflect upon the past 12 months at WoW Roleplay Gear.

Before I begin, I'd also like to extend a huge thanks to all of you who've visited the site and forums, and helped us to develop the site to where it is today. It'd be a lot harder to put this all together without the huge amount of support and viewership we've received since we moved to our new site in late 2011!

One of the most significant aspects of 2012 for us, was the formation of The WoW Factor project with Keelhaul and Elvine. We hosted 24 transmogrification events and gave out close to 6 million gold, a large proportion of which came from generous sponsors who wanted to inject some enthusiasm into their realm's transmog community. It was hard work to set up these events every weekend, but it was great fun, and wonderful to see so many inspiring outfits. Thanks to the sponsors and participants who made it possible.

Another highlight of our year was seeing our site added to Blizzard's WoW Fansite & Resources list, which served as a huge motivator to our efforts. We're both really pleased that our site has been useful to transmoggers and roleplayers over the years.

Things have been a little more quiet recently with article posting, but it's not without good reason. We worked particularly hard in the weeks prior to the Mists of Pandaria release, both to ensure that a lot of new sets relevant to the expansion were viewable, and to give ourselves a couple of weeks of holiday time to really enjoy playing WoW. The relaxation didn't last too long though, as things became considerably more busy in November. Most significantly, Ironyca was finishing off her Master's degree thesis, which she eventually submitted in early December. We took a short vacation to celebrate after that, which we have finished just in time to head off for the obligatory Christmas family visit!

The site has grown substantially since this time last year and we've expanded to over 1300 individual outfit articles, but there is of course still plenty more to do! WoW has a huge catalogue of items and Blizzard is certainly keeping everybody on their toes with their new additions. Expect Tier 15 and Season 13 articles early in the new year.

We'll be posting a few more articles over the next week or so, but won't be available for too many comments on the site until the new year. Once we're back into our usual routine however, we have a whole lot more content lined up for publishing. Until then, I hope you all have a happy holiday season!

- Noelani & Ironyca

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Happy Holidays!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:26 am 
Clothing Collector

Glad to hear you guys are doing well. Hope you have wonderful holidays, and I'm looking forward to WoWFactor 2013!! :D

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Re: Happy Holidays!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:57 pm 
Gaga

Miss you guys! omg. i didnt know you got added to Blizzard's WoW Fansite & Resources thats so exciting! congrats! anyways cant wait for more wowfactor actionnnnnn

OfflineProfile
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]